||We know of 6 events of note in literature and the arts that occurred on July 24:
- English author Robert Graves of I, Claudius fame was born on this day in 1895.
- On this day in 1605, William Shakespeare invested heavily in the corporation budget of his home city of Stratford-upon-Avon.
- The greatest scholar of the Anglo-Saxon period, the Venerable Bede died on this day in 725. He was later canonized.
- The popular French novelist Alexandre Dumas père was born on this day in 1802. He wrote two of the most widely-read novels, The Three Musketeers and The Count of Monte Cristo.
- The Welsh poet John Dyer died on this day in 1758.
- Zelda Sayre, the original flapper and the wife of Scott Fitzgerald, was born on this day in Montgomery, Alabama. Her father was a judge on the Alabama Supreme Court. A special fraternity was formed at Auburn consisting of her admirers.