||We know of 7 events of note in literature and the arts that occurred on October 30:
- Ezra Pound was born on this day in 1885 in Idaho Territory. His propaganda for the Italian dictator Mussolini led him to be arrested by allied forces at the end of the War. Rather than going to prison, he was committed to St. Elizabeth's Hospital, a mental institution in Washington in 1958, where he stayed until his death
- French directror Louis Maille, the husband of Candace Bergen, was born on this day in 1932.
- French poet Paul Valery was born on this day in 1871.
- George Henry Lewes, Victorian man of letters and George Eliot's de facto husband, died on this day in 1878. His wife had a son by Thornton Hunt, Leigh Hunt's son.
- On this day in 1958, under great pressure from the Soviet government, Boris Pasternak refused the Nobel Prize for literature. His signature work is the novel Doctor Zhivago.
- Pierre Bonnard, one of the most influential painters of the French post-Impressionist period, was born on this day in 1867.
- The British dramatist Richard Brinsley Sheridan was born on this day in 1751.